Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

STOP Blaming the Music

Though I don't think I will top the post I have pinned to the top, 

I'll leave you all with this....

The greatest example we have today of people not being held accountable for their action's is PARENTING.

What is the greatest example parents give for their unaccountable terrible parenting skills?
Blaming video games, blaming tv and last but not least (probably takes the biggest rap for bad parenting.) THE MUSIC.
Most kids whose parents work, barely get to see their parents.
So, whose raising the kids after their 8 hour bid at school? The music, the streets, other kids, if your kid is lucky with the semi abandonment the kid's best friends or normal friends parents.

Their original parents are nonexistent in the household to teach them values, skills that will help them throughout life. You got bad ass kids raising each other. Dudes with a doomed fate of sipping 40oz forever. No real parenting is going on.

How can you teach a kid to be responsible, if you're not responsibly there to raise them? How can you responsibly teach kids to stand up for themselves, have high self esteem if you have a vibe coming home from work like you've been taking it in the ass from your boss?
You're always at work, they're at school.  When you get a few days to rest your want to sleep. So you send the kids off to a relative or out with their friends with a minimum of bullshit teachings and no examples. So what is raising these kids cause it sure as hell isn't the parents.

I would know, I'm the only one of my friends who DIDN'T see his mother a lot until dinner time & breakfast. When she comes home & leaves. The only reason I didn't become like most kids is my mother sheltered me. I also had jobs after school. Things that kept me busy plus I have never liked 90% of the music out today. I got in trouble in school though. Who was there to calm me? Not my other parent. I saw the behavior of other kids who were waay worse than me. many didn't graduate. Many of you may think I finished school so it worked out right? Just because a flower grew out of concrete doesn't mean it's as strong as a developed flower grown with love & care & nutrients. 
3/21/13

No comments:

Post a Comment