Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Controlling your Emotions

The below is a response that my ex-consort once gave me. When I was dealing with Patricia (Negative Aspect of the Game). Patricia couldn't control her emotions, so I would ask my consort (since she never got out of pocket with me & we never argued) how she controlled her emotions, at one point, I did want to use this as a post on how to be a woman.







Controlling your emotions. 

1. Remove yourself from the situation....quietly. If you are in an argument, stop. You cannot analyze if your mouth is running.
2. Know your audience. Are they logical or emotional? Logical you can deal with logic. If not, then stop here as they require no more interaction. You get nowhere with logic on an emotional person. (Hence the convo I sent you between Man-Bitch and I. I do not respond because I can't fight emotion with logic and its not logical to keep arguing and knowing the road goes nowhere.)
3. Step outside. By that I mean look at the situation from outside. What kind of advise would you give another on the situation? Most people would not advise a friend to act on emotion so think what you would advise someone else to do.
4. Analyze. Pros and cons. Every scenario. If you know the person/people well that are involved, second guess their every move on all possible decisions you can make. Much like playing a video game. Cause and effect. Weigh them all. (This is what I refer to as writing the script.)
5. And go. Do not waver from your logical path at the last minute and then later try and justify using emotion as your base.

Tip: Stay calm and do not yell. Nothing will piss someone off more than when you have little to no reaction and stay calm. Yelling and getting all excited only leads to emotional decision making. In many instances, silence speaks louder than any words. People start shit to GET a reaction. No reaction means you just fucked up someone's game plan so why let them have what they want? –Jeannette Hughes (June 15, 2013)

1 comment: